Fair and Affordable Housing Planning
In Washington County, historic and emerging economies and cultures intersect. Commonworks led the development of two plans—the Consolidated Plan and the Fair Housing Plan—to promote access to decent, stable housing by families and individuals not well-served by the traditional housing market.
- The Metro region’s first adopted countywide Opportunity Maps to inform public investments
- Inclusion of a Muslim community, mental health service consumers, and Spanish-language speakers
- Testing of fair housing practices related to discrimination in apartment leasing
- Analysis of mortgage lending by race and ethnicity during the housing boom
- Well-organized five-year strategic plans with policy/action goals and targets