When the Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability updated its comprehensive plan, they invited Policy Expert Groups (PEGs) comprised of community, business and agency leaders to the table.
Commonworks Consulting facilitated the Infrastructure Equity PEG with the goal of “considering infrastructure policies and investment strategies to support equitable public service provision.” The group included infrastructure service providers and equity stakeholders. The committee broke new ground defining what infrastructure equity means on the ground in Portland.
- Facilitated monthly meetings
- Helped develop rapport among diverse membership
- Created a safe environment for discussion and debate of sensitive issues
- Helped committee achieve consensus on key principles of infrastructure equity for Portland
- Developed a final report unanimously endorsed by the committee